Membership is open to all attorneys admitted to practice law in the state of South Carolina who have an interest in promoting the welfare of African American attorneys and the purpose and mission of the South Carolina Black Lawyers Association.
Law students enrolled at the USC School of Law and the Charleston Law School may become non-voting members.
How Do I Join?
Download the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION. Mail the completed form and a check/money order for the appropriate dues amount to:
South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
Post Office Box 24647
Columbia, South Carolina 29224
Yearly Membership dues are as follows:
- Attorney/Judge: $50
- Law Student: $35
Benefits of Membership:
- Be in the Know — receive updates and notices on SCBLA and SCBLA sponsored events.
- Get Client Referrals — by posting your professional profile on the SCBLA website to receive prospective client referrals.
- Network — with lawyers, judges, other professionals and community leaders at social and professional events.
- Showcase Your Talent — celebrate your successes by submitting your achievement to the Kudos Korner.
- Let Your Voice be Heard — by voting on matters important to the organization, including the election of officers and board members.
- Give Back to Your Community — by leading, participating, and volunteering in the various activities that SCBLA sponsors throughout the community.